Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Present is a present...

Have you ever done something where you felt absolutely present?

The emphasis in my Oprah and Eckart class this week was about being absolutely present in the moment. I tried this today with my bird, Albie. I took her out of her cage and perched myself on the edge of my chair to try and just focus on her. Without letting self-talk take over my thoughts I just stared at her green coloration and how the grey in her breast infitrates that dusky green shade. I saw the little patterns made by the lines of her feathers and watched the down lift and sway as it caught my breath. I noticed all the little lacerations in her beak from where she rubs it on her perches. The black of her eyes were so deep that I could almost see into her soul. It was an incredible feeling to be so in tune with the beautiful creation of my little bird. And then she "pooped" on me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's how I know I'm in the moment, too, when someone poops on me. Oh wait, that's how I know I'm at work...

Keep persevering on your personal journey. Hopefully your next "in the moment" moment won't involve paper towels!

Courtney said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!