Thursday, March 13, 2008

What's right is right!

Well I'm sure you've heard about this new spiritual movement (hmmm, not really new but a resurgence of it you could say) of the law of attraction. Some call it "The Secret", some a higher consciousness and others call it luck. It, basically put, concerns itself with the "law of attraction." It certainly stems from many different philosophies and teachings from as far back as time itself. I believe in this. I believe that in treating others well, looking for the good in all situations, and thinking in a positive manner you can bring about rewards and blessings for your own life. My problem comes in how my beliefs affect those around me. Sometimes I get the feeling that people are so sick of my Pollyanna attitude and my "the glass is always full" that they want to rip my head off. But I just can't help it. I so strongly believe this is why I have the many blessings I do.
Maybe the problem lies in the fact that there is a fine line between positive thinking/law of attraction and self-righteousness. I just hope people will always realize that I just want to do the right thing for me and to follow my heart and mind and that I'm not trying to force them into thinking and acting the way I do....even if I am always right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is extremely weird..I was just thinking of this book to purchase "The Secret" ..I absolutly believe in this...first off..you truly need a spiritual guidance..whatever your beliefs are..mine is in God. I feel if you believe and think positive and mostly if you are good..good things, possitive things come back to you. I too am so very very thankful for all I have. It is much more than I ever imagined and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't go down on my knees and thank The Lord for all his guidance, his blessings, his love and his help. Look around people..these 3rd world countries are living in devistation. The children are surrounded by horror on a daily basis. Look at the beauty we are surronded by. Be Thankfull...be positive, be good and most of all if you have this quality teach others. You go Vicky..never change..those who feel you may at times be a "Polyanna" can only wish they were as possitive and nice as you.