Saturday, March 1, 2008

Good or Bad?

Do you ever have one of those days when things just never go right? The day usually starts out with something going wrong, like the dog peed in your shoe or you dropped your toothbrush in the litter box and then escalates from there not stopping until you lay your exhausted head on the pillow to, thankfully, sleep.
Well, yesterday, I had just the opposite. Here are all the things that went RIGHT for me today…
--Mike, our contractor, got to the house right on time and finished all his projects so we could go look for flooring together.
--Mike, who knows all the right questions to ask, got us a great price on new flooring for our upstairs. We would NEVER even have thought of the things he asked.
--Toyota called me to tell me that my car was finished and they even GUARANTEED I wouldn’t have trouble with my heat seat again. They even called me with enough time for Scott to come with me to get it.
--We called to speak to Courtney and, surprisingly, she was there and picked up the phone. We were so happy to hear her voice. It gave us a peaceful feeling.
--We called to speak to Steven and he told us he has passed the class he was having trouble in. Another peaceful and thankful feeling.
--We went to Border’s Books where I picked a bunch of books I have been wanting and only had to pay $20 because I had umpteen gift cards. Thanks to all who gave them to us!
--Got a message from my sister, Marie, telling me that all the plans to meet Steven and pick up his dog so he can go off to an animal preserve in Albany, GA to finish this semester are in place. This took the pressure off me to get that done. We are so blessed to have those “Sisters of the Apocalypse!”
--While I was in the bookstore, my good friend, Gina, called to ask me if she wanted me to pick up pizza hut and bring it to me since I would be home alone tonight. I had dinner already planned for myself but wasn’t that thoughtful?
--My gas light came on just as I neared the house. Now I will have plenty of gas to get to the gas station today and I didn’t have to stop yesterday which would have made Scott late for his poker game.
--When I checked my computer I had this quote in an email from Joel Osteen (he doesn’t write just to me but I do get his daily inspirations…they are great!):

“YOUR LIFE WILL GO IN THE DIRECTION OF YOUR MOST DOMINANT THOUGHTS”

So my question for today is…
Do we bring about our own good or bad luck by attracting it with our thoughts, or is it random that we have days when nothing goes right or everything goes right, or does God wake up and say, “I’m gonna freak Vicki’s freak out and bless the hell out of her today” or, “She’s pissed me off so NO GOOD THINGS FOR HER TODAY!”?

3 comments:

Scott said...

As Ted Nolan says: "The harder I work, the luckier I get." While undoubtedly there is a randomness to luck, over time, those who combine desire with hard work tend to get the breaks.

Courtney said...

Well, after what happened today at casa Brooks/Carney, I'm not even sure there is a god. Come read all about it.

Anonymous said...

Good things happen to good people, Vicki. Not always, but a lot. And you deserve lots of great things.

Besides, I was impressed that Joel Osteen wrote to you.