Tuesday, March 4, 2008

This or that....

Okay so I'm a little late today folks but my very good friends have run into some really crappy luck. His job, where he's worked for 20+ years, closed down. I've been on the phone doing the only thing I can think of to do which is to listen. Listen to the pain and fear my good friends are experiencing. Listen to the "what-ifs" they are thinking. Listen to the "rightful" anger they are feeling.

So my questions for today are...

Should you just listen when family and friends are struggling? Should you give your two cents or should you keep your thoughts to yourself? And no matter how much you love or care for someone, can you really feel their pain or do you just think you do?

Now, on the flip side, when someone is really happy doesn't it seem like you can really their joy? Isn't there times when you are so happy for someone you feel it down in your toes? So does that mean that happiness is a more accessible emotion than sadness?

Anyway, that's it for today. I hope I was coherent but didn't get much sleep last night. If anyone knows of any jobs out there for my friend....he was in management for a vinyl extrusion comany. He would love to stay here in Dutchess but can travel some. He's very smart and great with his hands. Thanks.

1 comment:

abava said...

ok..lets see..this one is a matter of personality. I tend to be very loving, caring and sensitive, but I do have the need to speak my mind. I try to listen all the time, but, if the same problem keeps arising over and over, and the parties involved would rather leave the circumstances the way they are and complain rather than change it, I would say "I can't help you if you won't help yourself". Now..if they truly need guidance, I am there 100%.

As far as can you feel their pain..No..you can't..you can't imagine what they are going thru because each one of us are individuals who handles things differently. For instance, the optimistic person will say, well this door closed, but the window will open..the pesimistic person will say, all is lost..I am finished, life is over...again..the mind..it is ever so powerful...you can make it a plus or a minus..you choose.